Friday, June 10, 2005

a place of freaky connections

There we were at the Alice Springs Desert Park attending a session about the local Indigenous language when the presenter asked for our names for a session of "Go Fish" in Arrente.

I say my name. She says "I used to live next door to you in Newcastle". The penny drops from on high. Thought she looked familiar, but NEVER would have twigged unless she had.

Jodie and her partner Daniel were post-earthquake neighbours of myself and my two former Newcastle flatmates in Council St Cooks Hill. When they moved from Newcastle they moved here and stayed. They love it and won't be going back. We talked about cats - both now sadly deceased. A feeling of weirdness descends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning from your furthest away fan - really enjoying your travelblog - keep it up!

Chris

9:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home