Monday, November 22, 2004

music for driving

What's your favourite music for those long car journeys?

For Touchwood trips, we have a playlist (on the iPod) that includes Elvis Costello, Crowded House, Tom Waits and many more, but out absolute fave - best of the bestest - is Steve Nieve's 2000 album Mumu.
Mumu is a strange and special album, and difficult to buy. None of us listen to it very much at other times, but in the car on tour it's a sing-a-long-a-Steve-fest.

Steve is Elvis Costello's keyboard player, and has been for nearly 30 years. Watching them perform live together is a joy (which, I'll say again, we'll be experiencing again after two more sleeps).
I emailed Steve today via his website. Just standard-issue fan mail. He wrote back Within The Hour from Melbourne, where the band has a day off between gigs. I feel almost important!

I'll leave you with a line from Mumu:
"I want my own web site like young people have today"
Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home