Sunday, July 24, 2005

Greetings from Adelaide!


Wise Jungle Saying: "it is faster to fly to Adelaide from Sydney than to drive". A nippy evening here in the City of Crutches but Musica Viva is kindly putting us up in luxury. Tomorrow we set off on a three-week tour of school shows. And cake-eating.

We strolled down Hindley Street this evening and I reminisced with myself about my time here with Kate and Terry just a few weeks ago. The big difference is that this time I had my new bag with me that has POODLES on it! I sure am taking this city by storm.

Flying with BMH is no mean feat. "I'm afraid you're going to have to pay an Excess Baggage Fee" drolled the check-in chick. No s&%t, Sherlock. Two speakers (each the size of a large-ish dog), an amplifier, a bombo, a darbukka, four mike stands, a bad of stuff that jingles, a cabassa and a suitcase each (including the Mother of All Suitcases, mine). What's 'excessive' about that? The fellas from Sirocco are going to have it worse - we bumped into them in the departure lounge and they had just about all that stuff I've just listed EACH. Not to mention the camel suit.

Right at this moment I'm having a "glass half empty" moment. I went to reception (which is 24 hour - just like a real hotel) to purchase some broadband connection and instead of selling me an hour's worth I got 24 hours' worth! I'd like to go to sleep in my enormous king sized bed, but I sitll have 11 hours of access. Bummer, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home